Endorsed an Exceptional Talent (‘a recognised leader’) by the British Government, Akshay aka Ax is a Security Researcher and Engineer who holds passion for perpetual learning. In his spare time, he loves exploiting vulnerabilities, ethically and educating a wide range of audiences.
Ax’s expertise includes software development, web application penetration testing and research. Through responsible disclosure, he has previously exposed serious bugs and security vulnerabilities affecting national & global organizations like P.F. Chang’s, Planet Fitness, Comcast/Arris, Ellucian and the popular restaurant chain, Buca di Beppo.
In early 2018, Akshay helped prevent a massive data breach at Georgia Tech by going public with a serious flaw which was left unpatched for over a year. He hence earned himself a place on Tech’s Vulnerability Reporters “hall of fame” page.
To consult Akshay for your next big security project or pen-testing needs, drop him a note here.
- IDG Contributor Network: 5 practical ways your organization can benefit from DevSecOpsIt’s right there in the moniker: DevSecOps , a portmanteau of Development, Security and Operations, implies introducing security early on – as a part of a comprehensive, agile Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) used by your organization, rather than doing so iteratively or waiting until after a release. Given how… Read more »
- IDG Contributor Network: Is our obsession with regulation killing the web?Anybody who’s been paying attention has noticed just how much the internet has changed within the last 10 years. From the humble looks of Google’s homepage to the vast existence old-school message boards and a virtually irrelevant “social” media, the internet largely felt like an accessory, a toy you could… Read more »
- IDG Contributor Network: 7 steps to landing your first IT job, fastIT is a constantly expanding sector with its ever-increasing demand for skilled talent and the projected scope for growth within the next few years. This is especially true for the Information Security subfield for which the vacancies are drastically going up while the workers are struggling to catch up in… Read more »
- IDG Contributor Network: 7 ‘don’ts’ of diversity for fostering a healthy office cultureChange at a workplace is hard and often comes with improvements and challenges which cannot be ignored. Change can be a struggle for employees who often need time to gradually adapt themselves to it, rather than feeling forced into it. Even minor changes, for example, changing your company’s choice of… Read more »
- IDG Contributor Network: 5 ways a global presence can benefit your tech companyIf you run a successful tech startup or an established business, primarily offering digital products and services, chances are you have a significant customer presence worldwide. There also lies a high probability that you leverage a remote workforce ‘round-the-globe enabling increased collaboration over time zones. While staying local never hurt… Read more »
Medium: Go to Medium blog >